Do you ever feel like you are just flying by the seat of your pants and making it up as you go as a mom? Yep, we all do. We have goals and dreams of how we want to parent but then we meet our kids and real-life happens and it gets harder to stick to those ideals that we set. In this episode, we are joined by parenting expert and coach Teresa Vining. She is here to help us come back to those things that really matter and give us the tools to make them a reality to be the best mom we can be.
About Our Guest
Teresa is a Christian life and family coach, as well as a writer and speaker on topics relating to relationships, parenting, marriage, and faith. Teresa has been married to her college sweetheart for 28 years. She has extensive parenting experience as the mom of four and the previous foster mom of more than 50 children.
She and her husband served as foster parents for over 20 years and adopted two of their kids as older children through the foster care system. This has given her the opportunity to personally parent kids with all different backgrounds, ethnicities, personalities, strengths, and challenges, as well as kids in all kinds of schooling situations, including homeschool, public school, alternative school, and online school.
Teresa loves encouraging families and helping them grow spiritually, overcome challenges, build strong relationships, and achieve their goals. She offers relationship and parenting workshops, as well as provides one-on-one and group coaching to women, couples, and teens.
She has published two books and numerous articles in publications such as Focus on the Family, Marriage Partnership and Today’s Christian Woman. She lives in the Kansas City area and coaches moms throughout the U.S. through video conferencing.
Tips From The Show
- Intentional parenting is important because the days are long in parenting, but the years are short.
- Intentional parenting helps us sync our parenting reality with our parenting ambitions and allows us to decide where we want to spend our time and energy as parents, rather than letting the mood of the day or outside forces dictate.
- We will walk through the three essentials of intentional parenting: awareness, planning, and follow-through.
- We will consider the reasons goalsetting usually fails and why so many are discouraged with even the thought of setting goals.
- We will discuss how to identify and set parenting goals, create a plan to achieve them, and build a solid strategy to ensure success in a way that fits your unique personality and family dynamic.
Ready to create balance in your life? Life Balance membership contains the courses to help you build the systems of balance for working Christian moms. Plus, you’ll have access to our Bible study, Setting Goals in God’s Will, planning tools to help you apply everything that you are learning, podcast bonus material, monthly group coaching, community support and more! Start your free 7-day trial and get access to everything through the Your Life Rocks app or from your computer.
Have you subscribed to the show yet? Don't miss a single upcoming episode because when you subscribe, you will automatically get it the show in your app. If you don't have a podcast app, not to worry. You can download the Your Life Rocks app and get the shows right in the palm of your hand. Otherwise, click here to subscribe on iTunes or here for Android.
Love the show? It would mean the world if you would leave a rating and review. It helps other working Christian moms find the show because if you like the show enough to leave a review, iTunes will suggest it to others. Click here to leave a review in iTunes. Just click on "Ratings and Reviews", then "Write a Review".