In this episode, we are talking about 3 reasons why it’s important to set goals for the new year (even if you are nervous about doing it), plus, 3 ways you can enter into goal setting in a careful way. If you are like me, I find myself setting some of the same goals over and over and getting stuck. Doubt, skeptical, loss of hope…but it doesn’t have to be that way! Listen and learn what to do if you find yourself in that same spot.
Plus, at the end, I’m sharing some of the changes coming for Your Life Rocks in 2021.
Action Items and Tips From the Show
Why Setting Goals Are Important
- To set a goal is to pray for something. When we set goals with God in mind, we are presenting the desire of our hearts to him. The Bible tells us to pray….about everything and not to give up in our prayer.
- Goals give you a direction. Life is not stagnant. We are always moving in a direction and without a goal and a plan…you might end up where you really don’t want to be.
- Goals set a good example to those around us. AKA, your kids.
Be careful with your goals.
- Don’t let your goal become an idol.
- Set yourself up for success or change your goal. If you have more reasons not to do what is necessary to reach the goal than you have to reach the goal, you are sabotaging yourself before you even begin.
- Hold your goals loosely and if God wants to do something different, let him.
The Life Balance Method is a 12-week program designed to help working Christian moms create the systems they need to calm the chaos in their lives and move closer to their goals. Join us!
Have you subscribed to the show yet? Don't miss a single upcoming episode because when you subscribe, you will automatically get it the show in your app. If you don't have a podcast app, not to worry. You can download the Your Life Rocks app and get the shows right in the palm of your hand. Otherwise, click here to subscribe on iTunes or here for Android.
Love the show? It would mean the world if you would leave a rating and review. It helps other working Christian moms find the show because if you like the show enough to leave a review, iTunes will suggest it to others. Click here to leave a review in iTunes. Just click on "Ratings and Reviews", then "Write a Review".
Resources Mentioned in the Show:
At the end of the show, I talked about some of the changes coming in 2021 to Your Life Rocks. Here is the recap:
Content for you:
- Weekly, you can find the Redefining Balance Podcast on Tuesday (this will be moving to the Christian category going forward), Thursdays you can catch a new video on Youtube (more organization and planning videos to come), and the Quarterly Lifestyle Guide can be found inside the Your Life Rocks app. If you would like to be a contributor to any of these 3 outlets, click here.
- Introducing the new Life Balance Method! This is a 12-week course that walks you through the Life Balance System and helps you create systems that promote balance in all 8 areas of life. This course is not available inside the Life Balance Membership, however, members do receive a discount. This course includes 3 months of Life Balance Membership and a physical Life Balance Planner.
- The Life Balance Planner is now exclusively for Life Balance Members and for those taking the Life Balance Method course.
- You can also purchase the Clear the Chaos 7-day audio course and the Setting Goals in God’s Will Bible study outside of the membership as well.
Full list of programs available:
Join Life Balance Membership – https://yourliferocks.com/LifeBalance
Clear the Chaos Course – https://yourliferocks.com/CleartheChaos
Life Balance Method – https://yourliferocks.com/LifeBalanceMethod
Setting Goals in God’s Will – https://yourliferocks.com/SettingGoalsinGodsWill