I think it’s time to renew our minds and reclaim 2020 for the Lord. This year so far has been a doozy. But it’s time for us to live by faith and not be consumed by the things of this world.
In the past when I thought of “the things of the world”, I thought of thinks like my goals, my ambition….not they are bad but it is easy to be consumed by them. But right now it’s things like the upcoming election, Covid-19, the kid’s school situation, civil unrest….
These things are consuming but I am reminded that while these are big things that can have an impact on our lives, they don’t change Jesus. They don’t change the power of the Spirit. They don’t change our salvation or the call on my life or yours according to the will of God.
So, to be renewed, we need to focus on the things that are eternal. Let’s reclaim this year. Let’s shift our focus and be the light for others.
Action Items and Tips From the Show
Here are your practical steps to put into action what we discussed on the show
- Lay it all down. Ask yourself, “What is consuming me right now?”
- Commit your focus to the Lord for the next 90-days. Let him be the filter in which you respond to the world around you.
- Focus each area according to his will. This is why we have a Bible study inside Life Balance Membership called Setting Goals in God’s will. In the study, we go through scriptures for each area of life to see God’s will for that area. This allows us to set goals that are aligned with him and his will.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in the process of renewal. Romans 8:26-27 reads: “Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we out, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groaning which cannot be uttered. Now who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.”
- Get in community and fellowship as you walk this out for the remainder of the year.
Ready to create balance in your life? Life Balance membership contains the courses to help you build the systems of balance for working Christian moms. Plus, you’ll have access to our Bible study, Setting Goals in God’s Will, planning tools to help you apply everything that you are learning, podcast bonus material, monthly group coaching, community support and more! Start your free 7-day trial and get access to everything through the Your Life Rocks app or from your computer.
Have you subscribed to the show yet? Don't miss a single upcoming episode because when you subscribe, you will automatically get it the show in your app. If you don't have a podcast app, not to worry. You can download the Your Life Rocks app and get the shows right in the palm of your hand. Otherwise, click here to subscribe on iTunes or here for Android.
Love the show? It would mean the world if you would leave a rating and review. It helps other working Christian moms find the show because if you like the show enough to leave a review, iTunes will suggest it to others. Click here to leave a review in iTunes. Just click on "Ratings and Reviews", then "Write a Review".