Yes, we all know that we should observe the Sabbath and keep it holy. And yes, we all are living incredibly busy lives and if you are like me, it is hard to stop and take the time to rest.
In this episode, we are diving into this topic. While we usually are talking about how to get more done as a working mom….but this is an important topic for us to dive into.
I am joined by organizational change management expert and author of Oasis in Time, Marilyn Paul. She walks us through not only the importance of taking the time to stop and connect but also the steps to making this a reality for you in your life.
Action Items and Tips From the Show
- Creating Sabbath time is possible for people, even though they think they have too much to do.
- The word Sabbath comes from the Hebrew word Shabbat and that means Stop. Stopping is hard for most of us and stopping to truly reflect and listen deeply to what is speaking to us or calling to us, is very hard.
- It’s partly hard because we are often tired and overwhelmed so we avoid exactly what we need.
- Remembering the Sabbath is one of the Ten Commandments, so we need to take this idea of stopping seriously
- I interviewed 65 people from many different backgrounds and faiths and found five key pathways to bringing Sabbath into our lives.
- Begin and End
- Plan and Protect
- Disconnect from screens to reconnect to self, others and God
- Slow down to savor
- Let go of achieving to rest, reflect and play
Weekly Success Planning Course
Have you subscribed to the show yet? Don't miss a single upcoming episode because when you subscribe, you will automatically get it the show in your app. If you don't have a podcast app, not to worry. You can download the Your Life Rocks app and get the shows right in the palm of your hand. Otherwise, click here to subscribe on iTunes or here for Android.
Love the show? It would mean the world if you would leave a rating and review. It helps other working Christian moms find the show because if you like the show enough to leave a review, iTunes will suggest it to others. Click here to leave a review in iTunes. Just click on "Ratings and Reviews", then "Write a Review".