Ok friends, this is a bit of a self-coaching episode right here! Before we get into the episode, I want to invite you to a free workshop that I am doing online. I was just going to do this for our Life Balance members, but with everything going on in the world…..I think we could all use a little hope, inspiration, and good old fashion action plan to help us move forward. In the workshop, you will receive a 2nd quarter goal-setting workbook along with guided training to help you set balanced, and attainable goals to bring more balance into your life.
Plus, when you sign up to get the workshop, You’ll be entered to win! Yep, I’m giving away 5 90-day memberships! There are a few different ways that you can enter in fact….this is just one of them. Learn more about how to enter and sign up for the free workshop by going to YourLifeRocks.com/next90days
Today we are going to be talking about how to set up your next 90 days, the second quarter of the year, to reach goals, create balance and to be ready to go into summer in the best possible way.
To do this, we have to first look back at the last 90-days. But first, let me ask you a question. Do you run your life in 90-day sprints?
Maybe you do at work, or maybe the whole 12 months of a year are just all thrown together.
For many, many years, all the places I have worked operated every quarter. Business goals, deliverables, milestones, etc. I love working this way because 12 weeks is a nice manageable time frame. It’s long enough that you can really make some traction, short enough to keep you interested in the goal, and just easier to wrap your head around.
If it works so well for our work life, why not have it work for every other area of our lives?
Let me tell you, it does work just as well in the other areas of our life….I have been running this system for over 5 years and it has been the difference in life in balance and life out of balance. It’s huge!
- How do you define balance? Think about the feelings that you have when you feel your kind of balanced….what are they? This is crucial. Now, I sometimes feel conflicted by describing this as a “feeling” because I don’t like to let my emotions pull me around. But it is the best way to know if you are in alignment with your intentions. God gave us these emotions and intuition with our selves for a reason. So let’s use them.
- List out all 8 areas of your life (reference day 2 of Clear the Chaos)
- Rate each area by how balanced you have felt over the last 90 days on a scale from 1-10. 10 is that you felt in alignment with your “feelings of balance”. The reason we need to do this is so we can anticipate what will be necessary to bring a greater sense of balance in all areas of life in the next 90 days. Think of it this way. We often talk about balance like on a balance beam, right? What happens when you start to fall to one side? You move your arms, torso, and sometimes your other leg to keep yourself from falling. Same with the areas of life. Sometimes we have to engage health goals, friend goals, or even marriage goals to bring ourselves back to center.
Once you have all the areas rated, then you can start the self-coaching. I’m going to give you 5 questions to ask yourself. Before you answer, pray that God would show you the honest answer for each of these. Sometimes we can buy into our justifications just a little too much.
- For the areas that maybe you have been leaning too much into, what pay off or reward are you getting for doing that? Maybe it’s an external reward, praise from others, or even martyrdom. Yep, sometimes we torture ourselves so others will notice. What is it for you?
- Is there something in the areas that you have been neglecting that causes pain? What is it?
- What has been the thing that has brought you the most joy or fulfillment?
- How are you taking the time to live with intention? It’s one thing to say you want to have something in your life, it’s another thing to set up the structure, motivation, and habits to make it so.
- What are the top three things that get in your way of the intentions that you set?
So, now what do you do with all this? Make a plan for the next 90 days, that’s what. There is no guilt and no shame in your answers. The other thing I love about the 90-day process is it allows us to learn quickly so we can do better and be better.
The free workshop that I have put together for you will take you through the next steps of taking these answers and setting new goals for the next 90 days. If you want to learn the habits and systems for living it out, well, that is exactly what the Life Balance System is all about. We are kicking off a new 90 days inside Life Balance Membership at the beginning of April. Of course, you can start whenever you want and still get the same support but I do believe that there is strength in numbers and together we got this!
You can sign up for the free workshop by going to yourliferocks.com/next90days
Have you subscribed to the show yet? Don't miss a single upcoming episode because when you subscribe, you will automatically get it the show in your app. If you don't have a podcast app, not to worry. You can download the Your Life Rocks app and get the shows right in the palm of your hand. Otherwise, click here to subscribe on iTunes or here for Android.
Love the show? It would mean the world if you would leave a rating and review. It helps other working Christian moms find the show because if you like the show enough to leave a review, iTunes will suggest it to others. Click here to leave a review in iTunes. Just click on "Ratings and Reviews", then "Write a Review".