Summer is a time for love and weddings. Do you remember your wedding vows? You know, the things that you promised to your husband? They mean so much! Regardless of how long it’s been, anytime is a good time to recommit to the promises and intent you want to build a strong marriage. Kimberly Walton from Cherished Wives, walks us through 4 vows or promises we can make for a wildly successful marriage. Who doesn’t want that?
About Our Guest
Kimberly Walton is a marriage mentor, speaker, writer, and women’s retreat leader who specializes in working with Christian women to create and nurture wildly successful marriages.
She is the founder of Cherished Wives International, a coaching practice dedicated to strengthening marriages and increasing intimacy and connection through her unique INLOVE approach. The INLOVE program addresses the 6 principles that are part of a successful marriage by focusing on the whole person and taking a wholehearted approach.
Kimberly comes from a place of personal experience and draws on her formal and informal education to mentor on the “how-to’s” for developing greater intimacy, increasing passion, embracing vulnerability, and strengthening relationships.
Kimberly believes in a solution-focused approach to strong marriages and blends in humor, tenderness, scripture and even a touch of call-you-on-your-stuff when working with her clients whether it be in a one to one setting or a large group.
Action Items and Tips From the Show
Key topics on the budget breakdown:
- Promise to put the Marriage first
- Are there things that are causing you to neglect your marriage? How can you proactively set yourself up to allow nothing to get in the way?
- Promise to forgive regularly and often
- Imagine your spouse on a stage as a child wearing a tee-shirt with the issue you have with them written on it. It’s easier to have empathy and forgive them. Then imagine a little older and forgive and repeat until they get to their current age.
- Vow to make yourself responsible for your own happiness or unhappiness
- How do you communicate your needs?
- Vow to understand there are no egalitarian marriages and understand each of you will be the strong one at different times.
- How do you respond to your spouse when they are in the valley?
Ready to create balance in your life? Life Balance membership contains the courses to help you build the systems of balance for working Christian moms. Plus, you’ll have access to our Bible study, Setting Goals in God’s Will, planning tools to help you apply everything that you are learning, podcast bonus material, monthly group coaching, community support and more! Start your free 7-day trial and get access to everything through the Your Life Rocks app or from your computer.
Have you subscribed to the show yet? Don't miss a single upcoming episode because when you subscribe, you will automatically get it the show in your app. If you don't have a podcast app, not to worry. You can download the Your Life Rocks app and get the shows right in the palm of your hand. Otherwise, click here to subscribe on iTunes or here for Android.
Love the show? It would mean the world if you would leave a rating and review. It helps other working Christian moms find the show because if you like the show enough to leave a review, iTunes will suggest it to others. Click here to leave a review in iTunes. Just click on "Ratings and Reviews", then "Write a Review".
Resources Mentioned in the Show:
Get Kimberly’s free eBook: 101 Things That Wildly Successful Couples, Think, Know, Do, Say and Practice.