Today’s episode is for you if you are making a career change, thinking about making a career change or even just want to spruce things up where you currently are. If you are feeling stagnant in your career it’s time for a change. Changing careers is not the only thing that triggers a change of seasons for our career. For you, you may have had a change in desire or a change in circumstances or a change in priorities. Either way, these 5 tips will help you manage this season in your career.
Action Items and Tips From the Show
5 Tips to help you manage a season of change in your career:
- Evaluate the season that you are going into from the season you are coming from. What is different, or will be different? What do you want to be different?
- Give yourself time, space, to figure things out. Expect emotions.
- Keep coming back to your intentions. Why are you doing what you are doing? What’s it all for?
- Get a support system and communicate how things are going. You need to get outside perspective. A mentor relationship is key for career growth. Seek their wisdom in what you are doing.
- Use this as an opportunity to reset, refresh, and restart. Once you have given yourself some time, it’s time to shine. Fire yourself on a Friday and rehire yourself on a Monday. Write your own job description, set your own metrics for success and plan to check in on your own performance.
Have you subscribed to the show yet? Don't miss a single upcoming episode because when you subscribe, you will automatically get it the show in your app. If you don't have a podcast app, not to worry. You can download the Your Life Rocks app and get the shows right in the palm of your hand. Otherwise, click here to subscribe on iTunes or here for Android.
Love the show? It would mean the world if you would leave a rating and review. It helps other working Christian moms find the show because if you like the show enough to leave a review, iTunes will suggest it to others. Click here to leave a review in iTunes. Just click on "Ratings and Reviews", then "Write a Review".